Diversity and Inclusion
Below are resources available locally and nationally, to help support a diverse group of students and your needs.
At Casper College, you are welcomed into a safe, inclusive community and educational environment.
The college supports individuals from diverse cultures, abilities and ideas surrounding:
- Mental Health
- Gender Identity
- Sexual Orientation
- Immigration Status or International Students
- First-Generation College Students
- Socioeconomic Status
- Veterans/Military-Affiliated Students
- Single Parents
- Disability Services
- Single Parent Program
- Wellness Center
- Veterans Services
- Student Success Center
- Student Life
- Care Team
- GEAR UP
- Student Senate
- Writing Center
- STEM Learning Center
- More resources for all students
Name Change — If you are a current student and would like the name you use at Casper College to match your gender identity and preferred name, you can fill out a chosen name change form to do so. This is not a legal name change; but will allow you to update your student ID card, myCCinfo portal, student email address, and name on classroom rosters. For any questions, please contact Rae Schafer.
Gender-Neutral Bathrooms — Anyone may use bathrooms labeled “restroom” in Aley Hall 303C and 303D; Ag Barn 105; Career Studies 139; Gateway 313, 314, and 410; Health Science 126; Krampert Theater 124A; Liesinger Hall 134; Library 226; Music 213 and 215; Physical Science 332; Strausner Hall 221G; Tate Museum 106; Student Union 117, 207, 222, 459, and 460; Visual Arts 122 and 215; Werner Ag 115; and Werner Tech 113.
Lactation Rooms — A lactation room at the Goodstein Foundation Library can be reserved online. A lactation room in the Walter H. Nolte Gateway Center is located on the second floor, room 209.
Casper area resources
- Food Resources: Food Pantries, Restoration Church, The Salvation Army, Central Wyoming Rescue Mission, Poverty Resistance, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- LGBTQIA+: Wyoming Equality, Casper PFlag, Casper Human Rights Campaign
- Disability Services: Wyoming Independent Living, Brain Injury Alliance of Wyoming, Casper’s Council of People with Disabilities, NOWCAP Services,
- VA Services: Casper VA Clinic, Wyoming Veterans Commission
- Single Parents: Single Parent Program Resource List, Casper College
- First Gen: Star Program/Student Success at Casper College, GEAR UP
- ESL: Immigration Alliance, Casper College ESL, English Learners-Wyoming Department of Education
- Food Resources: Food Assistance Programs, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- LGBTQIA+: Human Rights Campaign, Glaad, Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, Matthew Shepard Foundation, Wyoming Equality
- Disability Services: Association for Rural Independent Living, Youth Leadership Forum
- VA Services: US Veteran Affairs Department
- Mental Health Services: Helpline-National Alliance on Mental Illness, Talk To Someone Now
- Single Parents: Women, Infants and Children (WIC), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Resources, Scholarships & Financial Aid for Single Moms and Dads in School
- First Gen: I’m First, Center for First-Generation Student Success
This page is curated by the Diversity and Inclusion Committee. The committee also provides a monthly newsletter; if you’d like you can view the archive of past newsletters.