Location: Student Success Center, Gateway Center, 3rd floor
- Contact: 307-268-2662
- Each exam costs $8.00 (Math or English) or $16.00 for both.
- Exam units expire 7 days after purchase.
- Bring one of these forms of photo identification; Military ID, driver’s license, passport, current student ID, or State ID
- Know your Social Security Number and email address. (Your scores will be sent to that email address in 7 to 10 business days)
- Electronic devices such as phones, smart-watches, Fit-Bits, and handheld calculators are NOT ALLOWED in the testing lab
- Hats, coats, food, drinks, and hooded sweatshirts are prohibited in the testing lab
- The Student Success Center has a secure location for small personal items to be stored during testing
Accommodations with the Disabilities Services Counselor must be requested 5 days ahead of time via Kortni Simonton at the Student Success Center.
What to expect:
- The exam is given on a computer in a testing lab with access to scratch paper & pencil; the calculator is built into the program
- The Tailwind exam is two segments; English and/or Math
- 90 minutes is given for each exam
- The exams can be split up and taken on separate days
- Your scores are part of your placement profile which allows us to place you in the most appropriate English and math classes for your skill level and major
- It is not a pass/fail type of exam and you are not penalized for wrong answers; do not guess
For Math placement questions, please contact Claudia Stewart.
For English placement questions, please contact Jill Hughes.
Casper College’s EdReady Tool offers you placement test preparation for math and English by creating a learning path specifically for YOU! Knowing where you have learning gaps gives you the power to prepare to be successful on a future placement inventory or in your next course.
Khan Academy is a free personalized learning resource for all ages