Counseling Services

Contact info

Joanne Theobald 
Director of Counseling


UU 202 

Welcome to Counseling Services

Dealing with depression, exploring relationship issues, adjusting to college life, working through life transitions, and developing study skills are common concerns among college students. Our professional counselors are trained to assist students, as well as faculty and staff, in examining and resolving these and other difficulties that might interfere with educational and personal success. The counselors offer individual, couple, family and group counseling as well as consultations and crisis intervention. These services are free and confidential.

Length of therapy varies, with a primary focus on short-term treatment directed at helping students function in a college environment. We do not have the capacity to manage chronic conditions requiring intensive or frequent contacts. If this short-term care model will not adequately meet students’ needs, your counselor will discuss referral resources.

Office hours

Fall and spring semesters

  • 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday

Summer semester

  • 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday 

To make an appointment:

call 307-268-2267 or come to our office on the second floor of the Student Union/University of Wyoming at Casper building, room 202.

Take the online screening test for Depression, Eating disorders, and/or Alcohol abuse.

Counseling emergencies

Psychological Emergency

  • First try and calm yourself down
  • If your emergency takes place Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., please call us (268-2267) or come by the office (UU 202).
  • Wyoming Behavioral Institute at 237-7444, and let them know you need a consultation.
  • If you are feeling suicidal, call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-784-2433.
  • If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself, please call the Wyoming Behavioral Institute at 237-7444.
  • If you need to speak to a Counseling Services staff member, call Casper College Campus Security office at 268-2688 and let them know you need to speak to someone from Counseling Services. If you are currently seeing one of the staff members for services, please mention their name to security. We cannot guarantee that security will be able to contact one or any member of the counseling staff.

In Case of Emergency

  • Call 911 if it is very serious.
  • If this occurs during regular office hours, go see the campus nurse in UU 202, or call 268-2263.
  • Call Casper College campus security at 268-2688. They have 24/7 coverage.
  • Go to the Wyoming Medical Center hospital (1233 E. 2nd St.), or call 577-7201.
  • Go to InstaCare (900 CY Ave.) or call 237-2273, or Urgent Care (2546 E. 2nd St.) or call 265-1110.

  • Report a student of concern to the Behavioral Intervention Team