- Fall and spring semesters: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
Summer semester: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
To make an appointment:
Call 307-268-2267 or come to our office on the second floor of the Student Union/University of Wyoming at Casper building, room 202.
About Counseling Services at Casper College
The counselors offer individual, couple, and group counseling as well as consultations and crisis intervention. These services are free and confidential.
Dealing with depression, exploring relationship issues, adjusting to college life, working through life transitions, and developing study skills are common concerns among college students. Our professional counselors are trained to assist students, as well as faculty and staff, in examining and resolving these and other difficulties that might interfere with educational and personal success.
Length of therapy varies, with a primary focus on short-term treatment directed at helping students function in a college environment. We do not have the capacity to manage chronic conditions requiring intensive or frequent contacts. If this short-term care model will not adequately meet students’ needs, your counselor will discuss referral resources.
If you have a crisis during regular office hours:
• Please call or come to the Campus Wellness Center in UU202, where a counselor will help you determine an appropriate course of action.
If you have a crisis NOT during regular office hours:
• If you are currently in danger of hurting yourself or others, please call 9-1-1 immediately. If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts, call the Central Wyoming Counseling Center (307-237-9583), the Wyoming Behavioral Institute (307-237-7444), or go to the Wyoming Medical Center emergency room at 1233 E. 2nd Street.
• Call Campus Security at 307-268-2688. The crisis will be assessed and a counselor may be contacted.
• If you live in the residence halls, talk with your RA or the Area Coordinator. The crisis will be assessed and a counselor may be contacted.
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
Mental Health Counseling/Treatment
- Central Wyoming Counseling Center (sliding fee scale)
- Community Health Center (sliding fee scale)
- Mercer Family Resource Center (sliding fee scale)
- Casper VA Clinic
- Casper Vet Center
Mental Health Support Groups
Suicide Support Groups and Prevention
Substance Abuse/Addiction Resources
- Central Wyoming Counseling Center
- Wyoming Recovery
- Wyoming Behavioral Institute
- AA/NA meetings schedule
- New Vision at Summit Medical Care
Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault
Child or Adult Protection