Loan Periods and Limits
- Casper College Employees = 1 semester, 2 renewals
- Casper College Students, Community Members, WYLD Consortium Members= 21 days, 4 renewals
- Only held in Reserve Collection. Loan period varies.
Popular Reading Collection
- 21 days, 1 renewal
- Do not circulate
- Only available for checkout to Casper College and UW-C employees and current students.
- Laptops, Chromebooks, iPads= 7 days, 1 renewal
- Casper College Employees and Students= 250 items
- Community Members, WYLD Consortium Members = 50 items
Fines and Replacement Fees
The Library does not charge daily overdue fines for books, periodicals, or multimedia. However, when material is more than three weeks overdue, the borrower is charged a replacement fee equal to the cost to replace the item plus a $17 processing fee.
- Reserve Materials are billed $1.00 per day with a maximum fine of $5.
- Laptops and other electronic devices are billed at $25.00 per day with a maximum fine of $150.00. Replacement fees may be assessed for lost or damaged devices.
CC and UW-C Center Employees: Overdue fines are typically not assessed. However, patrons under this category are expected to abide by the Library’s established load periods. At the discretion of the library director, any employee not complying with this policy may have their borrowing privileges suspended.
The Casper College Library participates in a shared library catalog that is managed by the Wyoming State Library. As such, all legal requests for the release of patron records should be directed to the Casper College Library Director and the Wyoming State Librarian.
Library records may also be protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of students’ educational records, including student library financial records. The Casper College Library ensures compliance with FERPA by not disclosing information about a student’s record to any third party, including parents, personnel in an academic department, or other individuals.
Pursuant to Casper College Policy 2200:20:01, third party requests for library records that fall under FERPA must be directed to the Vice President for Student Services.
All patrons are required to provide proper identification. Examples include: a valid Casper College library card or a valid library card from any Wyoming library. A government-issued photo i.d. may be used in order to look up a current Wyoming library account.
If a patron does not have proper identification available, materials may be held at the circulation desk for up to 24 hours.
All requests for library records pertaining to patrons under the age of 18 should be directed to the Casper College Library Director.
Obtaining a library card
Casper College Library cards are available for both students and community members. A student is defined as a person currently enrolled in a class or classes on the Casper College. Community patrons are those those not affiliated with the College and living within in Natrona County.
- An application form must be filled out by anyone desiring borrowing privileges at the Library. Community patrons under the age of 18 must have a parent’s or guardian’s signature to obtain a library card. Application forms may be obtained at the circulation desk.
- Students must present a valid student ID or other proof of registration in order to receive student status and its benefits.
- Community patrons must present a valid, government-issued photo i.d. with a current address located in Natrona County in order to be issued a library card.
Please note that patrons from outside Natrona County are encouraged to obtain a card with their local public library, as Casper College honors all WYLD library cards.
Distance Education Students
Non-Casper residents enrolled in online courses may apply for a library card using the Library’s online Library Card Application. Casper residents enrolled in online courses are considered local, and must bring their Casper College student ID to the circulation desk.
University Partner Program Students
Students currently enrolled in university partner programs located on the Casper College campus (e.g. UW-C, UND) are afforded the same privileges in the Goodstein Library as Casper College students. To register for a library card these students need to present a student ID from their university or a current driver’s license and they will be issued a library card.
We honor any valid library card from WYLD libraries.
Course Reserves (Students)
Course reserves are items chosen by instructors to support class instruction. The items are maintained in a separate location within a library, and access to the item is more restricted than is the access to items in general circulation. Students should check with their instructors to determine if material will be on reserve for their courses.
The Casper College Library policy for reserves service is derived from the fair use provisions of United States Copyright Act, Title 17. We make every effort to ensure that submissions are in compliance with the spirit of the law.