The Western History Center (WHC)
The WHC is an institutional archives that maintains and provides access to materials documenting the life of Casper College and Natrona County.
The WHC has also collected primary and secondary sources more broadly focused on Wyoming and the west. The archives supports the instructional, institutional and individual needs of students, faculty, staff and the community. The Center is open to users near and far. Please contact us with your questions.
Archives and Records
- Archives include print and electronic manuscripts, typescripts, diaries, letters, and other original materials related to individuals and families.
- Records include the institutional records of Casper College as well as Natrona County businesses, industries, residents, and various departments and organizations.
- The Western History Center holds more than 2,000 blueprints and architectural drawings of not only Casper and Natrona County businesses and buildings, but also blueprints from various other locations.
Books and Periodicals
- There are approximately 8,000 volumes in the Western History Center. These books supplement the textual, cartographic, photographic, and microfilm records available in the repository.
- The Western History Center also houses several periodical titles. The table of contents for many of these titles is available in a searchable database located in the center.
- The Casper Star Tribune and other newspapers are available in multiple formats including electronic and microfilm from 1867 to 2007.
- The Western Vertical File is an artificial collection previously maintained and organized according to different topics related to Casper and Wyoming.
- The Western History Center archives issues of the Casper Star Tribune and can assist with providing access to obituary records when there is a known name and/or approximate date.
- There are more than 600,000 individual images available in the photograph collection. A large portion of these images have been indexed in local databases, available for searching in the Western History Center office.
- The Casper Star-Tribune Collection, Casper Journal Collection, BP-AMOCO Collection, College Relations Collection, Frances Seely Webb Collection, and the Chuck Morrison Collection contain the largest number of images.
- Digitized Photograph Collections