Channel your creative energy into design and construction of scenery, lighting, sound and costuming. Work with professional equipment on the main stage and black box theatres.
The theatre technology program at Casper College provides academic and experimental training in acting and technical theatre which equals or exceeds what is offered in the first two years at four-year institutions nationwide. You will be prepared to transfer to a bachelor's degree program after completing your associate degree at Casper College.
A graduate of the Casper College Associate of Arts in Technical Theatre program:
- demonstrates a working knowledge of professional equipment.
- demonstrates working knowledge of basic design concepts in scenery, lighting, costumes and props.
- demonstrates working knowledge of scenic construction practices and techniques.
- demonstrates working knowledge of costume construction practices and techniques available in the theatre and dance program.
- develops an understanding of the collaborative process by working with directors, actors and other technicians.
These goals are achieved through vigorous coursework and performance opportunities.
Why choose Casper College?
With the combination of hardworking and kind students, wonderful facilities, creative and challenging classes, exciting productions, and a dedicated professional faculty and staff, we believe that you have all the resources necessary to succeed.