School of Fine Arts and Humanities
The School of Fine Arts and Humanities consists of five departments: English, Music, Theatre and Dance, Visual Arts, and World Languages.
Each department focuses on a specialized area of Fine Arts and Humanities and each has a region-wide reputation for excellence.
Development of talents in the Fine Arts and Humanities areas has been a part of the college since its inception.
Unique opportunities for students in the School of Fine Arts and Humanities:
- The English Department offers valuable preparation for a future in many professional areas including business, federal service, law and medicine. English continues to be excellent preparation for a career in education.
- The Music Department has a complete offering of the first two years of a baccalaureate degree in several areas of music including performance and music education. Casper College provides the student with quality teaching in a smaller classroom environment and curricula that develop comprehensive musicianship.
- The Theatre and Dance Department offers students opportunities for experience in productions from the beginning of their time at the college. Our mission is to provide a foundation in theatre and prepare students for admission at the baccalaureate level.
- The Visual Arts Department gives students an opportunity to work in a variety of art media and decide which area should become a specialty. Students within the Visual Arts department of Casper College will gain reasonable facility in many media providing them with a comprehensive artistic experience.
- The Department of World Languages, which offers American Sign Language, French, Russian and Spanish, prepares students to think critically, communicate effectively and find a career in a diverse, global economy. World Languages graduates may also pursue further study in languages, linguistics, translation and interpretation, history, culture and other disciplines that open students to the world.
Degree and certificate programs
American favorites to be played at next CC concert
The Casper College Concert Band will present “American Favorites” on Friday, March 24, at 7 p.m. in the Wheeler Concert Hall. The concert, which will feature a variety of composers, is free and open to the public.
Exciting concert brings KWHS, NCHS, and CC chamber orchestras together
A concert featuring the chamber orchestras from Kelly Walsh and Natrona County high schools and Casper College will join in concert on Tuesday, March 7, at 7 p.m.
Guggenheim Fellowship photographer works through March 7
“The Centurion,” an exhibit of photographs by Brian Ulrich, is now on display in the Casper College Alumni Association Art Gallery through Tuesday, March 7.