School of Fine Arts and Humanities
The School of Fine Arts and Humanities consists of five departments: English, Music, Theatre and Dance, Visual Arts, and World Languages.
Each department focuses on a specialized area of Fine Arts and Humanities and each has a region-wide reputation for excellence.
Development of talents in the Fine Arts and Humanities areas has been a part of the college since its inception.
Unique opportunities for students in the School of Fine Arts and Humanities:
- The English Department offers valuable preparation for a future in many professional areas including business, federal service, law and medicine. English continues to be excellent preparation for a career in education.
- The Music Department has a complete offering of the first two years of a baccalaureate degree in several areas of music including performance and music education. Casper College provides the student with quality teaching in a smaller classroom environment and curricula that develop comprehensive musicianship.
- The Theatre and Dance Department offers students opportunities for experience in productions from the beginning of their time at the college. Our mission is to provide a foundation in theatre and prepare students for admission at the baccalaureate level.
- The Visual Arts Department gives students an opportunity to work in a variety of art media and decide which area should become a specialty. Students within the Visual Arts department of Casper College will gain reasonable facility in many media providing them with a comprehensive artistic experience.
- The Department of World Languages, which offers American Sign Language, French, Russian and Spanish, prepares students to think critically, communicate effectively and find a career in a diverse, global economy. World Languages graduates may also pursue further study in languages, linguistics, translation and interpretation, history, culture and other disciplines that open students to the world.
Degree and certificate programs
The Casper College Theatre and Dance Department will hold scholarship auditions Wednesday, May 18, at 7 p.m.
The Casper College Concert Band will perform its final concert for the 2021-2022 school year Wednesday, May 4, at 7 p.m.
The 2022 Music of the Masters concert will celebrate the works of British composer Ralph Vaughn Williams Sunday, May 1, at 3 p.m. with a pre-concert lecture at 2 p.m.