Explore performance through courses in acting, voice, movement, dance, auditioning, and dramatic literature.
The theatre performance program at Casper College provides academic and experimental training in acting and theatre performance which equals or exceeds what is offered in the first two years at four-year institutions nationwide. You will be prepared to transfer to a bachelor's degree program after completing your associate degree at Casper College.
A graduate of the Casper College Associate of Arts in Theatre Performance program:
- demonstrates self-knowledge and self-awareness of strengths, habitual patterns, and areas in need of further development.
- demonstrates physical and vocal strength and the ability to embody creative choices.
- develops the ability to convincingly live in imagined circumstances, conveying a sense of emotional truth.
- is focused, concentrated, engages in active listening, and the has ability to give and take with fellow performers.
- understands of subtext and the importance of discovering the complexity of each character.
- has developed auditioning skills.
These goals are achieved through vigorous coursework and performance opportunities.
Why choose Casper College?
With the combination of hardworking and kind students, wonderful facilities, creative and challenging classes, exciting productions, and a dedicated professional faculty and staff, we believe that you have all the resources necessary to succeed.