Robert O. Durst Classified Staff Award
The Robert O. Durst Classified Staff Award was established in 2007 to annually recognize and honor one outstanding Casper College staff member. All benefited classified staff are eligible to compete for this prestigious recognition and $1,000 cash award (except for the Durst Award co-chairs).
The following criteria will be weighed for award consideration:
- The candidate must possess qualities of an outstanding classified staff member.
- The candidate must be involved and contribute to campus and community activities (interacts with others).
- The candidate must demonstrate extraordinary professionalism in the performance of his/her job.
Nominating an Employee:
Any Casper College employee may nominate a classified staff candidate, by submitting the nomination form by Monday, March 23, 2020. Contact HR if you have a question about whether an employee is eligible. Self-nominations are not permitted for this award. Please, only one employee per nomination sheet.
Nominations will not be accepted after the deadline and only completed forms will be accepted. Three letters of support will need to be sent to the Robert O. Durst Award Committee by April 3. The selection committee will only use the three letters (one from the nominator and the two names listed on the nomination form), for evaluation and selection of the Durst winner. The award recipient will be announced at this year’s Retirement and Recognition reception.
- 2020: Julie Hansen
- 2019: J.P. Cavigelli
- 2018: Tara Goltermann
- 2017: Danielle Gallegos
- 2016: Steve Armijo
- 2015: Russell Hawley
- 2014: Melody Dugan
- 2013: Belle Stapleton
- 2012: Mike McLemore
- 2011: Glenda Pullen
- 2010: Robert Taylor
- 2009: Mary Lewallen
- 2008: Kathy Coe
- 2007: Sarah Sulzen
Selection committee guidelines:
Selection committee structure
- One alliance member from each unit of the college – Administrative Services, Student Services, Academic Affairs, Executive Branch (i.e. College Relations, Information Technology) and the winner of the previous year. These representatives shall not serve consecutive years.
- The Selection Committee shall work in consultation with a member of the Executive Committee or their designee.
- If any conflict of interest exists, as in “letter of support requests, nomination, etc,” committee members must be made aware and appropriate action shall be taken.
- Confirm funding availability – December
- Review/Modify forms – February
- Nominations accepted through late March
- Call for the Selection Committee – March meeting
- Letters of support due early April
- Selection completed by mid-April
- Announcement date subject to change based on the date of the retirement reception
Who can be nominated
- Any Casper College employee can submit a nomination
- Any benefited Casper College staff employee may be nominated
Other notes and reminders
- The previous three years winners are not eligible
- No self-nominations