Outstanding Administrator Award
Outstanding Administrator of the Quarter:
Director, Student Health Services
“Tracy is an extremely knowledgeable and trusted individual. She is a kind and caring person who has such a positive attitude. She is extremely organized and balances all her duties in a professional manner. “
Special Populations Coordinator
“Nick is a hard working individual who keeps extremely busy with all his duties. He is an excellent problem solver, kind in nature and has had numerous accomplishments within his role. He is very helpful with our students and within his role.”
Volleyball Coach/Athletic Director
“…her passion for the athletes, coaches, and staff promotes a sense of community and family within the program” and she is “dependable and trustworthy with a character that is beyond reproach. … Angel has committed herself to providing service to others and encouraging others to do the same.”
The Casper College Outstanding Administrator Award is designed to recognize an administrator who demonstrates an outstanding service reputation. This would include: job performance, knowledge, effectiveness, character, communication, cooperation, judgment and interactions. The nominee must have completed a minimum of two years of service as an administrator at Casper College and have not received the honor during the previous five years. Administrators may not nominate themselves for this award.
Below are details about the
- quarterly award
- annual award
QUARTERLY OUTSTANDING ADMINISTRATOR AWARD
Quarterly award winners will receive a certificate, coffee mug and $25 coffee gift card (based on fund availability). They will also have their photo taken with the President, and be recognized on the website and at a Board of Trustees meeting.
Call for Quarterly Nominations announced across campus:
- Quarter 1: opens June 30; closes July 15; announced July 31
- Quarter 2: opens October 1; closes October 15; announced October 31
- Quarter 3: opens January 1; closes January 15; announced January 31
- Quarter 4: opens March 1; closes March 15; announced March 31
*Nominees will roll over each quarter if not selected and new nominations will be requested in addition.
1. How does nominee display extraordinary professionalism?
Using the qualities below as a guideline, describe how the nominee demonstrates extraordinary professionalism in the performance of his/her job. Please be specific in how those qualities are demonstrated with as many detailed examples as possible. This list is not exhaustive and not every point needs to be covered. This is only a guideline.
- Retains historical perspective
- Grows professionally
- Strategic problem solver
- Sound judgment
- Responsible manager
- Handles administrative responsibilities and challenges
2. How does nominee interact with others in an outstanding manner?
Using the characteristics below as a guideline, describe how the nominee demonstrates outstanding professionalism in the performance of his/her job. Please be specific in how those qualities are demonstrated with as many detailed examples as possible.
- Fosters mutual trust and support with students and colleagues
- Promotes sense of community
- Praises and credits others
- Supports Casper College and its mission
- Provides exceptional customer service
Quarterly Outstanding Administrator Winners (2018-2019)
- Quarter 1: Tracy Hasely – Director, Student Health Services
- Quarter 2: Nick Whipps – Special Populations Coordinator
ANNUAL OUTSTANDING ADMINISTRATOR AWARD
The four Quarterly Outstanding Administrators will move forward for the nomination of Annual Outstanding Administrator. The Annual Outstanding Administrator for the year receives $1,000 (based on fund availability), an award plaque, and will be recognized on the website and at the end of year Retirement and Recognition event.
Timeline and Additional Criteria:
Public comment addressing the following questions will be called for starting on April 1st and will close April 15th:
- How does nominee display outstanding professionalism?
- How does the nominee interact with others in an outstanding manner?
- What traits and qualities have you seen since their nomination of quarterly outstanding administrator?
Selection Committee Guidelines:
Selection Committee Structure
- Vice Chair of Administrative Alliance
- One Administrative Alliance member from each unit of the college
- Administrative Services
- Student Services
- Academic Affairs
- The latest recipient of the Annual Outstanding Administrator Award
These representatives shall not serve consecutive years.
The Selection Committee shall work in consultation with the Administrative Alliance Executive Committee or a member of the Executive Committee
If any conflict of interest exists, (letter of support requests, nomination, etc.) committee members must be made aware and appropriate action shall be taken.
No more than 5 committee members.
- Administrative Staff, classified staff, and faculty can nominate an administrator for this award.
- Please download and complete the Nomination Form and submit to Laurie Johnstone, GW316, by the stated deadlines.
- Linda Nichols 
- Melissa Stahley-Cummings 
- Lisa Goss 
Veteran and Hathaway Scholarship Coordinator
- Leanne Loya 
Student Success Counselor
- Donna Sonesen 
Director, Early Childhood Learning Center
- Teresa Wallace 
- Robyn Landen 
Director, Financial Services/Controller
- Alison McNulty 
Registrar/Director, Admissions and Student Records
- Lois Davis 
Dean, Educational Resources
- Kim Byrd 
Student Success Coordinator
- Kevin Anderson 
Western History/Automation Specialist
- Janet de Vries 
Director, Career Services
- Barb Meryhew 
Director, Housing/Student Activities
- Mark Robinson 
Campus Security Director
- Jim Ochiltree 
Vice President Student Services
- Ron Mathisen 
Buildings Maintenance Supervisor
- Shirley Jacob 
- Linda (King) Toohey 
Director, Admission Services
- Lynn Fletcher 
Registrar/Coordinator Admissions and Student Records
- William Landen 
Director, College Relations
- Darry Voigt 
Director, Student Financial Aid
- Jenny Black 
- Russell Poppen 
Director, Student Placement/Career Services
- R. Lynnette Anderson 
Director, College Library
- Garth Shanklin (1992)
- Stan McDowell 
- Paul E. Hallock 
Director, Planning and Development
- A. LeRoy Strausner 
Dean of Students