Goodstein Foundation Library
Job Posting Date:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Help Desk Student Assistant provides technical assistance and support to the Casper College community.
Under the supervision of the Help Desk Supervisor, Help Desk Student Assistants are the
frontline staff of the college’s Help Desk, responsible for providing friendly, prompt,
courteous, and efficient customer service to students, staff, and faculty.
Assistants support library staff in the daily operation and organization of the Help Desk and Library.
• Provide efficient, respectful customer service to patrons
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
• Track and enter tickets using appropriate resource
• Maintain circulating technology devices
• Communicate effectively with a variety of clients
• Provide basic library circulation assistance
• Support library staff in maintaining organized and clean library spaces
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Library Director and/or Administration
Degree-seeking student, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CC or a partnership institution. • General awareness of computer systems
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
• Understanding and appreciation for information security
• Ability to stand or sit for extended periods
• Ability to work independently and seek out projects from library staff
How to apply:
Please contact the Help Desk Supervisor by email or by stopping by the front desk of the library to pick up an application.
307 268 2371