How you can receive your refund
Beginning fall 2018, financial aid refund checks will NOT be available for in-person pick up at Casper College. Log in now to Nelnet (caspercollege.afford.com) for our direct deposit option. If no option is selected, your financial aid refund will be mailed to your home address which may take an additional 7-10 days to receive.
Important dates related financial aid and refunds:
- February 3, 2020, is the financial aid census date for spring semester. Your enrollment status as of that date is the determining factor for your financial aid awards. Exercise caution with drops and adds around that time.
- Financial aid check release date is February 5, 2020, for the spring.
- June 12, 2020, is the financial aid census date for summer semester. Your enrollment status as of that date is the determining factor for your financial aid awards. Exercise caution with drops and adds around that time.
- Financial aid check release date is June 16, 2020, for the summer.
Refunds will be calculated following the end of the refund period. All refunds will be processed by check or direct deposit through Nelnet (caspercollege.afford.com). For exceptions to the refund policy, students should submit a petition to the Office of Student Services. Petition forms are available in GW 350 or call 307-268-2323 to request the form.
Tuition and Fees
To receive a refund or adjustment, the drop or withdrawal from the course(s) must occur by the deadlines listed below (also listed in the Casper College Catalog):
SPRING 2020 Full Semester Credit Courses:
- Drop by 2/3/20: 100% of tuition, course fees and per-credit fees will be credited and you will owe nothing.
- Drop by 2/10/20: 75% of only tuition will be credited and you will owe 25% of tuition and all per-credit fees.
- Drop by 2/18/20: 50% of only tuition will be credited and you will owe 50% of tuition and all per credit fees.
- Drop after 2/18/20 and you will owe all tuition, course fees and per-credit fees.
SUMMER 2020 Full Semester Credit Courses:
- Drop by 6/12/20: 100% of tuition, course fees and per-credit fees will be credited and you will owe nothing.
- Drop by 6/19/20: 50% of only tuition will be credited and you will owe 50% of tuition and all per-credit fees.
- Drop after 6/19/20 and you will owe all tuition, course fees and per-credit fees.
For Less Than Full Semester Credit Courses:
- The “drop by” dates for each of the above refund periods do not apply to courses that meet less than a full semester number of days. The number of days in each refund period of the above full semester refund policy is proportionately applied to the length of a less than full semester course to determine the length of time for the 100%, 75% and 50% refund periods. Check with the Accounting and Financial Management office for the refund percentage that will apply on the day the less than full semester course is dropped.
The Complete Withdrawal Procedures page provides more information on required procedures and definitions of official withdrawal date.
Room Refund Schedule
Room charges are refunded at 75% during the first week of the semester; at 50% for the second week; and at 25% the third week. No refunds will be made after the 25% deadline.
A refund of 100% of the unused portion of the board contract will be made up to 30 days prior to the end of the semester.
Refunds for Students with Grant, Loan or Scholarship Funds
A student who receives grant, loan or scholarship funds but attends no classes must repay the full amount of such awards. A student who receives such funds and attends classes but withdraws from school must make repayment of such funds in accordance with the appropriate refund and repayment policy. Award repayments are deducted from any available tuition, room, and board refunds; any balance due the college is billed to the student, and any balance due the student is refunded to the student.