Wyoming Veterans Entrepreneurship Training Summit and Jonah Bank Business Pitch Competition
Nov. 16, 2019 @ 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Our goal: To provide the requisite knowledge and resources for veterans to transition into business owners or improve their current business.
While the event will be open to the general public (veterans will have priority), the pitch will be restricted to veteran-owned businesses. There is no cost to attend, but seating will be limited, and registration will be required.
The 2019 Wyoming VETS will feature a day’s worth of training from some of the best small business experts in the state. Representatives from Casper College, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the Wyoming Small Business Development Center Network (SBDC) and the Big Sky Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) will provide valuable instruction on topics such as: starting your own business, funding your business, social media management, market research, bookkeeping and more.
The event will conclude with a pitch competition for veteran-owned small businesses. The competition will be judged by three experts and prize money will be award to the top pitches.
Participants will be judged on how well they present the value of their business within three minutes. Those who wish to participate in the competition should apply no later than Nov. 4, 2019. *
* Participants in the pitch competition must be a registered business in the State of Wyoming. Prize money must be spent on business-related goods and/or services. Winners will be required to report how the prize money was spent within 90 days of receiving the award.
- 8 a.m. – Presentation of Colors and Introduction
- 8:15 a.m. – Remarks (Casper College President)
- 8:30 a.m. – Keynote Speaker
- 9 a.m. – Break
Track 1 is for prospective businesses, Track 2 is for current businesses
Track 1 (Prospective Businesses)
- 9:15 – 10 a.m. – Start your own Business (pt. 1)
- 10:15 – 11 a.m. – Start your own Business (pt. 2)
- 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Funding your Business
- 12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch
- 1:00 – 1:45 – Intro to Contracting
Track 2 (Current Businesses)
- 9:15 – 10 a.m. – Social Media Management
- 10:15 – 11 a.m. – Market Research Basics
- 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. – SEO and Getting Found Online
- 12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch
- 1:00 – 1:45 – Bookkeeping/Cash Flow Strategies
- 2 – 3 p.m. – Pitch Competition
- 3 – 3:30 p.m. – Break/Judging
- 3:30 – 4 p.m. – Winners announced, awards presented
- 4 p.m. – Closing remarks