MS Services LLC
Application Commence Date:
Application Close Date:
MS Services LLC is a nationally licensed collection agency. We are looking for a qualified individual to join our legal team as our business expands.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Paralegal / Legal Assistant will directly report to and communicate with Senior Management. Paralegal must possess knowledge of the legal system and preferably has work experience in the collections field. Legal Assistant ensures that work is properly completed in a timely and accurate manner, possess strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, has the ability to multi-task and is detail oriented.
• Preparing files for legal production, including affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents.
• Organizing, maintaining and tracking documents in a paper and electronic filing system.
• Reviewing summons and complaints.
• Case investigation with courts, such as, dismissals, venue changes, case number inquiries, etc.
• Researching appropriate steps for pre-judgment filings for new and existing states.
• Communicating with clients regarding file status, attorney communications and scheduling.
• Communicate settlement and/or payment negotiations with Senior Management, clients and attorneys.
• Prepare and file bankruptcy and estate claims.
• Accountable for E & O claims and coordination between attorneys and clients.
• Inputting attorney information, scanning and mailing letters.
• Ensuring specific state law filing requirements are followed for each state.
• Various other filing projects and document preparation.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
• Update and calculate judgment balances.
Qualifications and Skills
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite 2010 (Word, Outlook & Excel).
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Possess a positive and energetic attitude, be a team player.
• Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and discretion.
• High School diploma or GED, Paralegal or undergraduate degree preferred.
How to apply:
Please submit resume to email@example.com. No walk-in applications will be accepted.