Tuition Assistance for Veterans | Casper College, Wyoming

Tuition Assistance for Veterans

This page contains information and forms for:
  • Wyoming Veterans Tuition Assistance Program

  • Federal tuition assistance

Wyoming Veterans Tuition Assistance Program

Veterans or service members should follow the requirements and procedures for APPLYING as a degree seeking student to Casper College.

Complete and submit the VA/Military Education- Certification Request Form online and your application for Veterans Tuition Assistance with a copy of your DD-214 to Enrollment Services Office. If selecting to use WOCV and the GI Bill please remember to follow the steps on the GI BILL Link.

Wyoming Overseas Combat Veteran(WOCV) Wyoming residents that are "Overseas combat veteran" which means a person other than a Vietnam veteran who…was awarded the armed forces expeditionary medal or other authorized service or campaign medal indicating service to the United States in any armed conflict in a foreign country." Amount equal to tuition and fees. Special application and DD-214 are required. Contact the Casper College Student Financial Assistance Office for more information. Application under Required Veteran Education Benefits Certification Request Forms. 

Wyoming Vietnam Veterans Scholarship - Wyoming residents that are Vietnam Veterans and are not receiving other VA benefits with Vietnam Service Medal and Honorable Discharge. Amount equal to tuition. Special application is required. Contact the Casper College Student Financial Assistance Office for more information.

W.S. 19-14-106 (Tuition benefit)

Federal Tuition Assistance

Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Congress has given each service the ability to pay up to 100% for the tuition expenses of its members.

Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process' and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual services. Additionally active duty members may elect to use the MGIB "top-up" in addition to their service provided TA to cover high cost courses.

1. Service members must bring in a copy of their 2171 form and unit address information so Casper College can invoice their unit.

2. Service members should follow the requirements and procedures for APPLYING as a degree seeking student to Casper College.

3. Complete and submit the VA/Military Education- Certification Request online.

TA is not a loan; it should be viewed as money you have earned just like your base pay.

Follow the links for your particular service and start taking advantage of this opportunity:

  • Air Force Tuition Assistance
    You must apply for Tuition Assistance online using the Air Force Virtual Education Center. This must be done through the Air Force Portal at There are six steps to completing the AFVEC online TA process.
  • Army Tuition Assistance
    The Army Continuing Education System has launched a new automated tuition assistance project. The TA automation will allow active duty soldiers to request TA and enroll in courses online. This will speed up the enrollment process and minimize wait times at Army Education Centers. Active Duty soldiers are now able to request TA online through GoArmyEd.
  • Navy Tuition Assistance
    Receive educational counseling from your Navy College Office in person, by phone or email. Determine which courses will be requested for TA funding.
    Complete a TA Application form (NETPDC 1560/03) listing course(s) and fee(s). Receive command approval signature to enroll in the course(s).
  • Marines Tuition Assistance
    First-time students must complete a TA Orientation Class PRIOR to using TA.
    Marines at remote sites (non-Marine Corps installations) may access the course by clicking on the TA Orientation link below. All others: Please proceed to your local base Lifelong Learning or Education Office.
    Marines must apply for and receive written authorization for TA through the appropriate education office, PRIOR to enrollment. Use form NETPDTC 1560.
    TA for remote Marines and those assigned to other service sites is processed at Camp Lejeune for those east of the Mississippi and Camp Pendleton for those west of the Mississippi. I-I duty Marines apply through MARFORRES, New Orleans. Recruiters apply via their recruiting district or region headquarters.

    TA Orientation (Word format) (PDF format) (Zipped file). To save to disk, right click and select "Save Target As.” When you have completed the orientation please fill out and print the certification form using the link: Certification Form.
  • Coast Guard Tuition Assistance
    The management of TA is centralized at the USCG Institute through a consolidated tuition assistance processing system managed by the U.S. Naval Education and Training Professional Development and Technology Center (NETPDTC) in Pensacola, Florida. 
    The Coast Guard Institute approves the TA Application (CG-4147) , inputs data into the Navy's computer database, and issues the TA Authorization form (CGI-1560). 
    The applicant then takes the CGI-1560 to the academic institution during registration; the institution bills the Navy (NETPDTC) for payment of the government's share of tuition assistance.
  • Reserve Tuition Assistance
    • The soldier must be a drilling reservist in good standing.
    • The soldier must declare an educational goal leading to a credential higher than current degree level.
    • Enlisted soldiers and warrant officers must have sufficient time remaining on their term of service to complete the course before separation.
    • Commissioned officers must have at least four years of Selected Reserve service remaining from the date of completion of the course for which tuition assistance is provided.
    • The soldier must enroll for the independent study course following Army Reserve procedures.

Contact your local Reserve Education Office for assistance with TA or any other voluntary education assistance.