Education and Teaching
At Casper College, you’ll learn to be a great teacher and make a huge difference in the lives of young people. Our education courses prepare you to understand learners and equip you with the leadership skills you need to be a professional educator. Casper College provides the first two years of a bachelor’s degree program in early childhood, primary, or secondary education which leads to certification of public school teachers. Students who follow the recommended curriculum may also receive an associate degree from Casper College.
Average wage for education occupations in Natrona County
Wage data taken from the report, “Wyoming Occupational Employment and Wages September 2019.”
Why Casper College?
- The early childhood education program is accredited with NAEYC — Casper College is the only community college program in the state and region with this accreditation!
- All secondary education programs and the elementary education program are aligned with national standards for content and pedagogical knowledge expected for educators in the 21st century.
- Classroom experiences in the public schools for ALL early childhood, elementary and secondary education majors.
- Unique service learning experiences focused on educator preparation.
- Unique opportunities for partnerships with local district schools.
- Student/instructor ratio is small.
- Courses taught by former public school educators and recognized faculty.
- Education majors receive excellent advising from departmental faculty who also promote opportunities for transfer to four-year colleges and universities to complete bachelor’s degrees in preparation for state licensure.
The art education program at Casper College allows you to build your skills as both an artist and an educator. This course of study is for the art major who plans to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program.
Early Childhood Education
This program prepares students to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program focusing on elementary education, early childhood education, or child development. Students may also pursue coursework for a minor degree and/or teaching endorsement in early childhood education.
The Casper College elementary education program provides the first two years of a bachelor’s degree program, which leads to certification of elementary public school teachers.
English (Secondary Education)
This course of study is for the English major who plans to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program, which leads to certification of secondary public school teachers.
Mathematics — Secondary Education
The mathematics secondary education program at Casper College provides the first two years of a bachelor’s degree program, which leads to certification of secondary public school teachers.
With an associate degree in music education from Casper College, you will be prepared pursue a bachelor’s degree in music education at a four-year college or university.
Casper College’s Physical Education Department offers courses for pre-professionals in teaching, coaching, exercise science, and health.
Social Studies — Secondary Education
This course of study is for those who plan to teach high school social studies. This program provides the first two years of a bachelor’s degree program, which leads to certification of secondary public school teachers.
This program is for those who want to teach engineering technology, drafting, wood shop, construction, welding, or manufacturing in a middle school or high school. This program provides the first two years of a bachelor’s degree program.
Education and instructional technology instructor Renee Griffith models and facilitates learning activities that effectively integrate 21st century technology in today’s classrooms.