Education and Teaching
At Casper College, you’ll learn to be a great teacher and make a huge difference in the lives of young people. Our education courses prepare you to understand learners and equip you with the leadership skills you need to be a professional educator. Casper College provides the first two years of a bachelor’s degree program in early childhood, primary, or secondary education which leads to certification of public school teachers. Students who follow the recommended curriculum may also receive an associate degree from Casper College.
Why Casper College?
- The early childhood education program is accredited with NAEYC — Casper College is the only community college program in the state and region with this accreditation!
- All secondary education programs and the elementary education program are aligned with national standards for content and pedagogical knowledge expected for educators in the 21st century.
- Classroom experiences in the public schools for ALL early childhood, elementary and secondary education majors.
- Unique service learning experiences focused on educator preparation.
- Unique opportunities for partnerships with local district schools.
- Student/instructor ratio is small.
- Courses taught by former public school educators and recognized faculty.
- Education majors receive excellent advising from departmental faculty who also promote opportunities for transfer to four-year colleges and universities to complete bachelor’s degrees in preparation for state licensure.
This program prepares students to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program focusing on elementary education, early childhood education, or child development. Students may also pursue coursework for a minor degree and/or teaching endorsement in early childhood education.
Education and instructional technology instructor Renee Griffith models and facilitates learning activities that effectively integrate 21st century technology in today’s classrooms.