Strausner Hall, Room 215
- Monday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Appointments are not required but highly encouraged!
Please call the center at 307-268-2610 to make an appointment.
Tutoring appointments with Jamie Smith
- Available Monday-Thursday, 5-8 p.m., with last appointment running from 7-8 p.m.
- Schedule appointments by calling the Writing Center at 268-2610 during the center's normal hours
- Students who have made appointments will meet with Jamie in the main lobby of the library
All services and resources are free and available to any writer working on any type of writing project for any purpose. This includes all members of the CC and UW/CC communities, and the larger Casper community as well. Our purpose is to engage you in a conversation about your writing. We offer assistance at all stages of the writing process — brainstorming to a full draft.
- Your paper is typically read aloud during a session, either by you or the tutor. This helps to catch errors in mechanics, grammar, and larger issues like flow and organization.
- The tutor will pinpoint problem areas and discuss options for revision.
- A typical session lasts between 30 and 50 minutes.
- We are happy to help with both course assignments and personal writing projects.
Be sure to check the Casper College Goodstein Foundation Library website for helpful information on citations and Google search tips, among others.
To request copies of our one-page flyer about our services to post or to hand out to students, or to set up a Writing Center orientation (either in your class or in the Writing Center), simply contact us and weI'll get back to you to work out the details.