Do you ever wonder why something works the way it does? Or ask yourself why things happen? Do you dream of becoming an astronaut or a veterinarian or doctor?
Students in Casper College's School of Science work alongside faculty that include accomplished paleontologists, physicists, engineers, and mathematicians, as well as seasoned professionals from agricultural, nutrition and other industries.
Students have access to modern and well-equipped laboratories in the Loftin Life Science Center and the Wold Physical Science Center. Their experiences in the classroom and beyond give them the foundation for their future careers.
As a student at Casper College, experiences include:
- Working with local schools and national organizations by taking part in events such as Science Olympiad, Math and Science Day for 4th graders, and First Lego League.
- Unique science education at the Casper Planetarium, through the NASA Space Grant Program.
- Work study opportunities in the greenhouse for biology and related majors.
- Work study and volunteer opportunities in the Tate Museum, giving tours, helping with educational programs, prepping fossils in the lab, or working in the field at fossil dig sites.
- Hands-on ranching experience for agriculture students at the Casper College Ranch Campus.