Academic Advising Resources

Set up your advising appointment

for summer or fall semester

  • Registration for summer semester is open
  • Registration for fall semester begins May/June

General Advising Information

  • Who is my academic advisor?

Your academic advisor is assigned to you during your first enrolled semester at Casper College and is normally a faculty member that teaches within your chosen major area.  To find out who your academic advisor is:

    • Log in to WebAdvisor and click on "Email my Advisor(s)"  or
    • Call Enrollment Services at 307-268-2323.
  • What does my academic advisor do?

Your academic advisor will help you choose which courses you should take in upcoming semesters.  They will also answer questions about possible careers, internships, and what that POLS 1000 class is really about.

  • When do I see my academic advisor?

You should see your academic advisor at least once a semester.  You will need to see them to have your registration hold lifted in order to register for the next semester.  By meeting with your academic advisor on a regular basis, you will know which courses are needed for you to graduate on time.

Choosing Your Major

I haven't chosen a major!

Contact Career Services in the Student Success Center (307-268-2089) to meet with a Student Success Coach to discuss your interests and options or stop in (Gateway Center, 3rd floor). 

In the meantime, check out these websites to do some self-exploration:

I chose a major but...
    • I struggle when people ask me "What can you do with that major"?  Check out What Can I do with this Major? to ease your worries. 
    • I think I want to change my major.  Visit a Student Success Coach or your Academic Advisor to discuss a possible major change, along with career options and graduation plans.  Call the Student Success Center at 307-268-2089 or stop in the Gateway Center, 3rd floor to make an appointment.
I do want to change my major.  How do I do that?
    • Fill out the Change of Major form online or stop in to the Enrollment Services to fill out a hard copy (Gateway Center, 3rd floor).