There is an overwhelming need for a new generation of professionals who are trained and educated to meet the demands of information assurance in the 21st century.
Business organizations from all industries could have computer vulnerabilities and be susceptible to malicious attacks:
- Government entities at all levels
- Critical infrastructures related to refineries, generation of electricity and pipelines
- Businesses that drive our economy
- Healthcare industry
- Financial institutions
Marjorie Anderson, Department Chair for Cyber Security, talks about the program.
What are the features of Casper’s program?
The Associate of Applied Science degree:
- Not intended to be a transfer degree.
- Provides you with a solid foundation as an IT support person.
- Cyber security is a dynamic field of study and will need you to upgrade and learn new skills on a constant basis. Students with this degree are eligible for CCENT certification.
- An abbreviated study of information assurance.
- Helps working individuals update their current skills.
- For other individuals wanting to pursue focused, but limited, training in cyber security.
Although this is an A.A.S. degree, graduates from this program may apply this degree toward an online applied science degree at the University of Wyoming at Casper.