Regional Juvenile Detention Center
1120 Bruce Lane Casper, WY
Full-time or Part-time
Application Commence Date:
Application Close Date:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Monitor the daily activities of residents to help ensure the safety and security of the residents, staff and the facility. Provide fair treatment while holding residents accountable for their behavior with the goal of helping them develop their pro-social skills. Act as a positive role model for the residents.
1. Ensure safety and security by constant observation of residents to evaluate their behavior and to ensure compliance with facility rules,
2. Coordinate the movement of the residents to meal, education, recreation and treatment activities to ensure safety and security is maintained.
3. Responsible for the care, treatment and supervision of youth, to include conducting periodic room checks, population
counts and key and tool control as scheduled.
14. Perform crisis intervention with residents and attend individual and group counseling sessions when required.
5. Conduct room and area searches for contraband and weapons, screens visitors for contraband. Test doors and other
security equipment for their proper operation on a daily basis.
Prepare written unit reports to document shift activities including logs, incident reports, progress reports and other communication material as needed.
7. Participate in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and resolve problems and function as a unified team.
8. Complete all in-service training to meet the requirements for continued personal and professional self-development.
9. Comply with all aspects of Cornerstone policies and procedures while on the job.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with the intake and discharge of residents as needed.
2. Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
3. Comply with facility safety rules and take corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner without injury
to self or others.
4. Perform other duties similar to the above as the need may arise.
High School diploma or its equivalent required and one year of related work experience desired. Degree in behavioral sciences preferred. Two years of college in related field may be substituted for previous experience. Staff trained in safe practices of working with youth as well as working with mixed populations is preferred.
How to apply:
Call Buckey Walters, Program Manager at 307-235-9234 extension 4 to schedule an appointment.