Early Childhood Learning Center
8-10 and/or 2-4 M-F (or minimum of 3 days per week)
Job Posting Date:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The person selected for this position will be responsible for the distribution and clean up associated with the daily food service including a.m. and/or p.m. snack (Do not have to cook meals).
This person will maintain facilities in a clean, safe, and presentable condition. This position may require sanitizing learning materials and completing laundry duties as needed. This employee will not be expected to assist in the direct care of the children but may be asked to help with the children if an emergency occurs.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Keep posted records for each child’s allergies and consider them in snack distribution.
2. Apportion food for family style service and distribute to appropriate age groups.
3. Wash and sterilize all dishes, utensils, and cooking and eating areas according to proper sanitation procedures.
4. Clean kitchen and eating areas after meals and keep kitchen area clean when on duty.
5. Operate kitchen equipment and notify the Director when supplies or maintenance on equipment are needed.
Expectations: This person should demonstrate good personal hygiene and understand the requirements for hygienic facility maintenance and housekeeping. In addition, this person should be interested in working with young children.
Degree-seeking student, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CC or a partnership institution. Requirements:
• Degree-seeking student, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CC or a partnership institution.
• Good academic standing.
• Must be at least eighteen years of age or older.
• Proof of being free from tuberculosis
• Consent to Central Registry Background check for child abuse/neglect and fingerprinting
(CC policy & procedure)
• Other requirements as regulated by the licensing agency
How to apply:
Email Donna Sonesen for application. Hours listed above must be available to work.
Position starts the first day of college classes.
The ECLC is closed over the summer months. The director and/or assistant director will respond before school starts.