Job Posting Date:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Student Library Assistant assists full-time library staff in the ongoing operation and support of the Circulation Department which is the main service desk for all library users.
Under the supervision of the Library Circulation Specialist, Student Library Assistants are the frontline staff at the Library’s Circulation Desk, responsible for providing friendly, prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to all library users, including students, staff, faculty, and community members. Student Library Assistants also support staff in the daily operation and organization of the Library.
● Provide efficient, respectful customer service to all library users
● Assist library staff in the maintenance of library collections
● Support library staff in maintaining organized and clean library spaces
● Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Library Directors and/or Administration
Degree-seeking student, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CC or a partnership institution. ● Ability to work independently and seek out projects from library staff
● Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
● Ability to climb step stools, reach and bend to all levels of shelving
● Ability to stand or sit for extended periods
● Physical ability to maneuver trucks of books and other large items (occasional lifting,
boxes of paper 30-50 pounds)
How to apply:
Please email email@example.com or stop by the main desk at the library for an application! We are specifically looking for students with availability that includes Thursday evenings until 8pm!