National Park Service
$16.15 – $22.72 per hour
Job Posting Date:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
– Minor carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical work.
– Assist higher grade maintenance employees in the performance of maintenance tasks.
-Safely and effectively, uses hand power tools required for the job and has the ability to maintain these tools properly.
-Requires heavy to moderate physical effort.
– Occasional unassisted lifting/handling, up to 50lbs.
– Requires frequent standing, climbing ladders or scaffolding.
– Ability to do the work of a position without more than normal supervision (SCREEN OUT)
-Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment
– Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation repair, etc.
-Technical practices (theoretical precise, artistic)
* If your knowledge and ability in the SCREEN OUT factor above is not sufficient, you will receive no further consideration.
– Will receive credit for volunteer work for qualifying experiences which help build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills.
Conditions of Employment:
– U.S. Citizenship required.
– Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
– Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
– Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
– Depending on location, occupancy of government quarters may be required.
– Depending on location, government housing may be available.
– Depending on location, part-time work schedules may be available.
– You may be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
– You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and/or shift work.
– You may be required to travel overnight away from home occasionally.
– You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
– You may be required to complete training and operate a four-wheel drive vehicle.
– Must be 18 years old
– 16 years old with high school diploma or equivalent
or complete formal vocational training program
or received permission from school authorities
or be currently enrolled in a secondary school and work during school vacation periods/work part time under formal student employment program.
How to apply:
Apply online, directly at the https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/622097900 website.
Deadline for applications is 12/10/2021.
For any questions, contact Lydia Manders.