Job Posting Date:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The position of Human Resources Work Study acts as the primary customer service point of contact for the human resources office and provides operational support to the department.
The Human Resources Work Study serves as the first point of contact for the human resources office. Effective customer service is a must. Basic responsibilities are to coordinate the front office of the human resources department and assist with operational duties relating to all aspects of human resources.
• Serve as the primary point of contact at Human Resources office reception desk
• Greet customers and provide assistance as needed
• Manage student employee paperwork and processing
• Answer phone and direct calls
• Update addresses for all employees in Colleague
• Assists with completion of HR forms
• Assist with data entry in applicable HR systems
• Process requests for employee and dependent tuition waivers
• Scan and route leave forms, employee status change forms and other employment documentation into ImageNow software
• Process documentation for authorizing drivers
• Distribute incoming mail and faxes, and process outgoing mail
• Answer general HR questions
• Maintain all applicable HR files and databases
• Prepare copies of documents from personnel files when requested by employee, supervisor or other authorized requests
• Operate office equipment
• Maintain strict confidentiality
• Function as an integral part of the office
• Other duties as assigned
Typical work environment is an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Work is usually performed during the normal work day. Short periods of time will be spent outdoors travelling between campus buildings in various weather conditions.
Employee is regularly required to sit, speak, hear, use hands and fingers to handle materials and use computer, feel, and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds may be required. Less frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required (office supplies, paper boxes, etc.). Visual requirements require close-up, distance, and ability to focus.
Degree-seeking student, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CC or a partnership institution. Minimum Qualifications:
• Good academic standing at Casper College or partner institution
• Excellent customer service
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• High attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in all forms
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Work with all varieties/variations of office equipment
• Proficient with computer use and office software (MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc…), email communication and data entry
• Awareness of professional office operations
• Basic understanding of human resources practices
• Ability to work independently and seek out projects from staff when needed
How to apply:
To Apply Include the following:
• Cover letter
• Class schedule
Open to any major but great experience for those seeking more experience in human resources, office administration, business administration, management, leadership and organizational management, and more!
The Human Resources office is open from 8:00am-5:00pm (7:30am-4:30pm during the summer), Monday through Friday. We offer flexibility based on your class schedule.