Job Posting Date:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Tutor/Mentor- Serve as a positive role model for GEAR-UP participants, middle and high school students.
Help tutor GEAR UP participants in any academic area in which they are struggling, especially the completion of homework. 12 hrs/wk Monday-Thursday 3pm-6pm, some additional evenings & weekends possible based on activities
Degree-seeking student, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CC or a partnership institution. • Must be available Mon-Thurs 3pm-6pm
• Serve as a positive role model for GEAR-UP participants, middle and high school students.
• Help tutor students in any academic area in which they are struggling, especially the completion of homework. (Prefer candidates with a strong background in math. Including the ability to tutor middle school and high school math)
• Make appropriate referrals related to personal issues, such as relationships, bullying, substance use, suicide, family, etc.
• Assist in preparation and production of mass mailings to partners and participants.
• Assist in obtaining grant required paperwork from participants and their parents.
•Conduct snack preparation and clean up.
How to apply:
Please contact Andrea Covert GEAR UP Regional Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview.