Wyoming: Casper, Laramie, Cheyenne, Rock Springs, Green River, Riverton, Lander, Sheridan, Buffalo, Gillette
Seasonal Full Time
Varies – Opportunity for Advancement
Application Commence Date:
Application Close Date:
ELLA WY is Wyoming’s premier organizational and progressive political consulting firm. We have clients ranging from the non-profit sector to statewide political office seekers. We strive in offering young people an opportunity to learn a diverse set of skills, network extensively, and advance personally.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Position Objective: Assist ELLA WY candidates with all aspects of their campaign and win elections.
Reports to: Field Director
Specific duties include:
a. Managing and implementing the direct voter contact plan
b. Conduct 25-30 hours of direct voter contact (door-to-door canvassing and in office phone banking) and volunteer recruitment work weekly, depending on goals.
– Approximately 750 door attempts, 165 conversations per week
– Approximately 240 phone attempts, 36 conversations per week
– Direct voter contact is a critical element of successful campaigns. How that contact is accomplished in light of COVID 19 concerns will depend on conditions. The health and safety of our staff and the voting public are our highest concern.
c. Use the Voter Activation Network (VAN) and follow all data-centric protocols.
– Prepare turfs for canvassing.
– Sync canvass data nightly.
– Track all direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment, donation and event data in VAN.
d. Work with the candidate and field director to set and hit voter contact and fundraising goals.
e. Ensure the candidate has walk lists and call lists for voter contact and fundraising.
– Cut and send turfs for canvassing daily, or as requested.
– Pull lists of potential donors in VAN on a regular basis.
– Prepare weekly lists of voters who would like to be personally contacted by the candidate.
f. Create a team of strong volunteers for the campaign.
– Recruit people for canvassing and phone banking shifts.
– Create volunteer trainings for canvassing, phone banking, and managing other volunteers.
– Foster team mentality and collaboration in order to make the team self-sufficient.
g. Plan and organize events strategically through the campaign cycle
– Assist the candidate in event preparation advance work.
– Spearhead all volunteer recruitment for events.
h. Help the candidate advance the success of the campaign.
– Maintain a vibrant social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
– Track and deliver yard signs.
– Keep close supporters, family members, and/or committee members up-to-date on the progress of the campaign.
– Be available any time that the candidate needs assistance, advice or support.
i. Field Organizers will be held accountable for the following weekly metrics depending on the phase of operations:
– Canvassing Attempts and Conversations
– Volunteer Recruitment Calls and Conversations
– Volunteer Shifts Scheduled and Completed
To apply send resume to: email@example.com
Qualifications: Articulate and hardworking, ELLA field organizers must be passionate for change in Wyoming and be strong team players who can work with candidates and the rest of the ELLA team. They must be able to relate to, and work with a wide array of volunteers, recruiting and managing their activities. They must be willing to work with and convey proven messaging on behalf of their candidates. Familiarity with social media, particularly Facebook, is required.
ELLA WY will provide field organizers with comprehensive trainings that cover the below duties and more before assigning field organizers to a political campaign.
How to apply:
Send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is not required but accepted.