40K – 50K
Application Commence Date:
Application Close Date:
SERVEWYOMING is the Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism. Our mission is to improve lives and strengthen Wyoming communities through volunteerism.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
$40,000 – $50,000 a year
Program Manager Job Description
Position Open Date: June 30, 2020
Position Closing Date: August 17, 2020
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000
Paid holidays and personal time as determined by Executive Director. Travel Reimbursement at Federal Level. Eligible for 3% of salary/month for a matching IRA after 30 days. Eligible for group life insurance after 30 days.
The Program Manager is responsible for processing and tracking national service program grants and resources (state, federal, private and in-kind) and monitoring all aspects of ServeWyoming AmeriCorps grants. Duties include establishing and administering national service subcontracts to ensure financial and programmatic compliance with grant funding requirements; monitoring grantee compliance and performance to ensure grants are administered according to requirements and that project objectives are met; and providing program coordination and technical assistance to grantees and other constituents to facilitate statewide national service and volunteerism efforts.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES50% Grants & Financial Management:
• Assist Executive Director in various financial compliance and management aspects of the organization.
• Design, compile and distribute Request For Proposal (RFP) packets
• Collect, compile and distribute grant proposals
• Recruit peer Reviewers
• Facilitate review meetings (produce agenda, educate reviewers, select leader, provide guidance)
• Review proposals for basic compliance
• Distribute and collect cooperative agreements
• Manage eGrants system and monitor commitment tracker and 30 day exits for AmeriCorps members
• Troubleshoot for education award problems
• Update programs on new provisions
• Monitor program progress towards objectives
• Develop action plans for programs struggling to meet compliance
• Track program compliance
• Enforce grant guidelines regarding progress
• Conduct monitoring site visits for programmatic and fiscal compliance
• Review and compile program Federal Financial Reports (FFR)
• Manage grant budgets and monitor federal fund expenditures
• Assist grant application review process consulting with the Senior Program and Training Officer; oversee recruiting & orientation for grant reviewers
• Provide federal rules/regulations, policies/procedures and other technical assistance to AmeriCorps grantees to ensure compliance
• Assess AmeriCorps program goals and accomplishments to determine effectiveness; measure outcomes for federal reporting; compile data and program information for agency and federal reports
50% AmeriCorps Program Development & Training
• Provide technical assistance to agencies drafting AmeriCorps grant application
• Organize, develop and facilitate training on topics for Program Directors along-side of the Senior Program and Training Officer
• Develop and carry out cross stream training
• Establish reporting guidelines and due dates
• Trouble-shoot for AmeriCorps program staff and AmeriCorps members
• Assist with conflict resolution issues for AmeriCorps Programs
• Assist programs in developing sustainability plans
• Conduct eGrants management and training
• Assist with program start-up and ongoing technical assistance to AmeriCorps staff
• Train Program Directors / Staff on My Service Log
• Schedule and facilitate Program Director meetings and conference calls with Senior Program and Training Officer
• Attend and train at all program Pre-Service Orientations
• Monitor AmeriCorps programs for compliance
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
• High school diploma or equivalent required; prefer Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or public administration, community/social services, or a related field (e.g., communications, finance, economics, etc.).
• 1 – 3 years experience with federal, state or foundation grant management, budget and financial management; and grant writing a plus.
• Commitment and knowledge of all types of national service; experience with AmeriCorps programs preferred.
• Willing to travel both in and out of state
• Be available full-time (40 hours per week); weekend/evening hours are sometimes required
• Must have excellent communication (both verbal and written)
• Be a US citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
• Possess a current and valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge of financial management, monitoring and budgeting preferred.
• Knowledge of federal grant management and or compliance a plus.
• Knowledge of adult learning principles and ability to apply them in connecting training and technical resources to measurable outcomes in organizations and their programs.
• Must thrive in a work environment of significant growth, development and change.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to work both independently with moderate supervision and as part of a project team.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines.
• Ability to understand and communicate complex regulations, policies and procedures to others.
• Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cooperative, professional and productive work relationships with others.
• financial and grant management: 1 year (Preferred, not required)
• AmeriCorps, National Service, Military Service a plus
How to apply:
• Send your resume, a letter explaining your interest in the position and four names, phone numbers and email addresses as references to: Shelly McAlpin, PO Box 1271, Casper, WY 82602 or email to Shelly@servewyoming.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. *In your letter of interest, please explain: why the AmeriCorps program and grant management is of interest to you; how you imagine you will approach the job; and what makes you ideally suited to assist this initiative. Please be sure to include a description of direct experience you have with program management and training while in a team atmosphere.