There has never been a better time to come back to college. If you are 24 years of age or older and wanting to start college or finish the degree you started, you can receive up to $7,200 to put towards tuition.
Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow is a new state-funded scholarship program for adults enrolling at one of Wyoming’s eight community colleges, or the University of Wyoming, to pursue a degree or certificate. You can receive up to $1,800 per semester if enrolled in 12 credit hours or more, for up to four full-time academic semesters.
You may be eligible if:
- You’ve been a Wyoming resident for no less than one (1) year immediately preceding application or not less than a total of three (3) years at any time prior to application;
- You’re twenty-four (24) years of age or older when you begin school;
- You’ve completed and filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year for which you are applying for a scholarship and have unmet financial need;
- You agree to register with the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services by completing a new account registration at wyomingatwork.com
You may not be eligible if:
- You are currently receiving a scholarship under the Hathaway Scholarship program;
- Are not a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien who meets the definition of an eligible noncitizen under federal Title IV requirements, or requirements of a subsequent similar federal enactment;
- Owe a refund under a federal Title IV student financial aid program, or a subsequently enacted similar federal student financial aid program, or a student financial aid program administered through the state;
- Are incarcerated; or
- Previously received a scholarship under this scholarship program of four (4) full-time academic terms or a total of seven thousand two hundred dollars ($7,200) in scholarships for unmet financial need.
Funding is limited, apply today!
About Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow:
The Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship program and its initial endowment fund contribution of $10M was established by the 2022 Wyoming State Legislature. Currently, the scholarship program endowment fund is only partially funded so the 2023 Legislature set aside $1.25M to “kickstart” the scholarship program until its endowment fund reaches the required $50M and the scholarship is fully funded. By kickstarting the scholarship program, scholarship funds are available now, rather than later, to assist those that want to pursue their degree or certificate at a Wyoming college or university.
About Wyoming at Work:
The Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow and Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship programs were created by the Wyoming State Legislature under State Statute WS 21-16-19.
State statute requires recipients of this scholarship to register with the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services by completing a new account registration at wyomingatwork.com. By registering, you will have access to information and career resources that are designed specifically to the needs of Wyoming residents and to help you prepare for your job search, see jobs available in Wyoming and connect with employers looking to hire. You will be asked by a Financial Aid advisor to sign a form stating you have registered along with the Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship application.