What are some examples of honors courses?
Honors Courses for Spring 2022
Problem Solving (Nick DeSalvo) — Math 1000 Section 95
- Day/Time: M/W/F 9-9:50 a.m.
- Focuses on the strategies of problem solving. Topics in the course are taken from financial mathematics, set theory, logic, probability, statistics and discrete mathematics and “just in time” algebra topics, such as exponents that are necessary to students in their success in this class and in their major.
Creative Writing: Fiction (Dave Zoby) — English 2050 Section 95
- Day/Time: Wednesdays 6-8:40 p.m.
- Writing fiction develops empathy, and forces students to use creativity to solve problems. In this class you will experience a studio workshop and have the opportunity to create original work and to critique your fellow classmates’ work.
Introduction to Social Media (Doug Hall) — COMM 2320 Section H95
- Day/Time: Wednesday 11-11:50 a.m. and online (hybrid course)
- This course will introduce methods for analyzing and understanding how people apply social media technologies and their societal implications. The course will offer real world examples to help students use tools in creating content and communication plans. In addition, students will learn how to manage their own identity or brand through various forms of social media.
Intro to Political Philosphy — POLS 2460 Section 95
- Day/Time: T/TH 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- This course will delve into political ideas and theories from the Ancient Greeks to 20th-century Philosophers that led to Western political systems. The class groups will select and read a philosophy text concerning pop culture and philosophy, for example, “The Virtues of Captain America” or “The Walking Dead” and philosophy. Participants will work in small groups and develop a weekly podcast discussing their ideas and findings. New-to-Casper faculty member Daniel Gallegos is teaching; expect to find the class exciting and engaging.
Beyond these offerings we have an additional “hidden” option (Dr. Blank’s Introduction to International Relations course – POLS 2310-95 – T/Th 9:30-10:45) as it was added to the honors schedule by accident.
Additionally, please get in touch with me individually if these courses won’t fit in your schedule but you would like to remain a part of the program.