Learn Microsoft Office at your own pace!
- The Flex Lab is a self-paced classroom located in BU 404.
- Classes are 1 credit each.
- Students sign up for 1-3 credits.
- Students come in when the Lab is open. (See schedule listed below)
- Students can add a class until Week 10 of the semester.
- If the open times don’t work, speak to Marjorie Anderson about options.
- Most students work 4-5 hours a week in the Lab but can also work on their own time.
- Most classes are structured to take five weeks but students can take less or more time.
- If a student “misses” a week, they just pick up where they left off. They’re not behind.
- There is an instructor available to offer help and support.
- Introduction to Computers Keyboarding (offered online both semesters, but in-person only in the fall)
- Keyboarding Speed and Accuracy
- Document Formatting (only offered in the fall)
- Word I
- Word II
- Word III
- Excel I
- Excel II
- Excel III
- Access I
- Access II
- Access III
- PowerPoint I
- PowerPoint II
- Publisher I (only offered in the spring)
- Publisher II (only offered in the spring)
When signing up for classes, please note:
- Word classes are listed in the course catalog as Word Processing.
- Excel classes are listed as Spreadsheets.
- Access classes are listed as Databases.
- Introduction to Computers is offered online both semesters, but in-person only in the fall.
- Monday — 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Tuesday — 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday — 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Thursday — 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Friday — 9-11 a.m.
- Closed on days the College does not have classes.