Give us a call, let’s talk.

Get your financial aid questions answered
Nationally ranked 9th best community college for value

— by


We are happy to answer your questions, here are some common ones.
How do I complete the FAFSA?

Please go to to complete the FAFSA. You will need your FSA ID to sign in along with your 2019 tax information. If you are under 24, you will need to provide your parents’ tax information as well. Casper College School Code: 003928.

Does Casper College have a priority date for submitting the FAFSA?

No. We encourage students to submit their FAFSA as soon as they are thinking about coming to Casper College. The FAFSA opens each year on October 1st for the academic year that begins the following August. We encourage students to submit their FAFSA early to ensure that they have time to complete any additional paperwork that may be required before school starts.

How do I apply for scholarships?

Casper College students can apply for scholarships twice a year. The scholarship application portal is open from October 1- November 1 for spring scholarships and January 1 – March 1 for fall scholarships.

Where do I send my external scholarship checks?

Please send external scholarship checks to the following address:

Attn: Enrollment Services
Casper College
125 College Dr.
Casper, WY 82601 

When will I get my money?

Most financial aid is disbursed after the 10th day of classes during the fall and spring semesters and after the 5th day of classes in the summer.  Some restrictions may apply.

Do I have to be a full-time student to receive financial aid?

Not necessarily. Certain federal financial aid awards are prorated based on the number of credits in which you are enrolled. Additionally, scholarships all have unique requirements. If you receive a scholarship, you will be notified of those requirements so that you can adjust your schedule before your financial aid is locked in (census date) if needed.

Why is my loan not being disbursed with my other financial aid?

It is Casper College’s policy that all freshman level students who have never borrowed loans before are subject to a 30-day hold on their first loan disbursement. Additionally, all loans must be disbursed in two separate disbursements. This means that if you opt to take out a loan for only one semester, half of the funds will be disbursed at the beginning of the semester and the second half will be disbursed after the midpoint of the semester.

What is MPN/ELC?

Students who request federal loans must complete additional paperwork through before their loans can be disbursed. The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is the loan agreement that must be completed to receive the loan. This document is good for 10 years from the date it is signed. Entrance Loan Counseling (ELC or EC) is a program that helps students understand the consequences of borrowing student loans as well as the types of repayment options that may be available to them when they graduate or stop attending classes. Entrance Counseling never expires.

How do I make sure I don't lose my financial aid?

Students who fail to meet the terms of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at the end of the semester are subject to having their financial aid eligibility suspended and may lose their financial aid awards for future semesters. Students have the opportunity to appeal to have their financial aid reinstated. Appeals are granted on a case-by-case basis and students may be subject to stricter standards to restore their aid eligibility if their appeal is granted.


Both merit and need based scholarships are available for Casper College students. This gift aid provided by Casper College and the Casper College Foundation does not need to be repaid.


The Hathaway state scholarship program assists students who have graduated from a Wyoming high school, home school or GED. The Hathaway Scholarship does not need to be repaid.


If you demonstrate high financial need on your FAFSA, you may be offered a Pell Grant or a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant. These are a form of gift aid that you do not need to repay.


Loans are sums of money borrowed from federal, state or private agencies to help finance the expected family contribution (as determined by the FAFSA). Loans must be repaid once the student graduates or does not meet the minimum credit enrollment per semester.

Student Employment

Casper College offers employment opportunities that are available to all students. Positions are on campus and eligibility is determined by your federal work-study award in your financial aid package or by the department hiring fund availability.

Veterans and Active Military Duty

Veterans and active duty military personnel, spouses and dependents may be eligible for educational assistance. While not required, students are strongly encouraged to file a FAFSA as they may be eligible for additional federal, state and CC awards.

Contact Us

Our dedicated staff and support services connect you to the tools you need to pay for college. We’ll help you wade through all the legal language, and get you past the first hurdle to completing your educational goals.

  • Via email to Financial Aid
  • Phone: 307-268-2323, 1-800-442-2963
  • Text a financial aid expert! 307-268-2996
  • Fax: 307-268-2611
  • In person: Enrollment Services on the third floor of the Gateway Center