WELCOME TO KEY 2019
Applications will be available starting FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22.
What is KEY
- Knowledge Enrichment for Youth (KEY) is a one-week summer resident program for youth with special abilities and talents (academic, intellectual, creative, visual or performing arts).
- Casper College, 125 College Drive, Casper, WY 82601
- Week 1: June 9-15, 2019
- Week 2: June 16-22, 2019
- Week 3: June 23-29, 2019
- High ability students who are entering grades 6 or 7 in the fall of 2019.
- To offer unique experiences for youth in the areas of science, computers, visual and performing arts, and history. A staff of excellent instructors will teach and direct special projects in these areas. Students will return home with new skills, new energy, new friends, and a heightened sense of self.
- The $640 fee includes room and board, instruction, recreational fees, classroom and laboratory materials, extracurricular activities , a camp t-shirt and computer usage. Counselors live in the secured residence halls and provide 24-hour supervision. In addition, we hire a specially recruited teaching staff, an evening activities director, a nurse/dorm director, program coordinator, and director.
- Scholarship suggestions: Contact your school, school district and local organizations such as Kiwanis, Eagles, Elks, or Lions for sponsorship opportunities. Individual fundraising is also a great way to raise money (car washes, bake sales, etc.).
- Friday, February 22, 2019 – Applications Open
- Friday, March 22, 2019 – Application Deadline
- Friday, March 29, 2019 – Parents/students notified of acceptance or waitlist via email with registration instructions.
- April 15-30, 2019 – Class requests and $150 deposit due.
- Friday, May 31, 2019 – Final payment due.
Only completed applications will be considered for acceptance into KEY. A completed application consists of the parent/student application AND an educator recommendation.
- Keep in mind that enrollment is limited and the program may fill with qualified applicants before the stated deadline. Completed applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served, space-available basis until the program is full.
- There is no fee to apply.
- Parents will be notified via email of their student’s acceptance. Important instructions and deadlines will be sent via email at this time.
If we receive your application and the session is full, we will place you on the waiting list and send an e-mail to notify you. We will contact you if the session you are on the waiting list for has a spot open.
- Payment must be paid in full by May 31, 2019. No exceptions.
Cancellations received twenty (20) business days prior to the first week of all camp sessions will receive a refund less the $150 non-refundable deposit fee. No refunds are given within four weeks of the first camp session start date.