Assessment at Casper College focuses primarily upon understanding what our students know and can do. This includes a system of activities that help the college understand learning processes, organizational structures, and cultural factors impacting student learning. The Assessment Office attempts to validate the community trust that students, after completing a credential at Casper College, will know and be able to …
- Demonstrate effective communication (rubric)
- Apply scientific methods (rubric)
- Solve problems using critical thinking and creativity (rubric)
- Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures and historical perspectives (rubric)
- Appraise creative and/or aesthetic activities (rubric)
- Use information to conduct research (rubric)
- Analyze the importance of personal, civic, and social responsibilities (rubric)
- Use quantitative analytical skills to evaluate and process data (rubric)
(All rubrics – one download)
The Institutional Assessment Process
Each semester, Casper College assesses two of the eight student learning outcomes mentioned above that ensures all outcomes are assessed every two years.
- spring 2020 – Outcomes 3 and 4
- fall 2020 – Outcomes 5 and 6
- spring 2021 – Outcomes 7 and 8
- fall 2021 – Outcomes 1 and 2
Student work samples are submitted by faculty each academic year for use in anonymous scoring sessions for each Student Learning Outcome. The results of the scoring sessions are used to understand the performance level of Casper College students generally on each of the eight Student Learning Outcomes.
Faculty submission forms for student artifacts
- Download a .pdf form
- Submit through an online form
- Artifacts may also be submitted by linking assignments in Moodle.
Assessment Resources for CC Instructors
The resources included here are to assist you with the schedule, form, other resources, and in submitting artifacts for the assessment of student learning outcomes.
Course Evaluation Schedule
- Spring 2020 — Early Ending Course Evaluations — March 1-8
- Spring 2020 — End of Term Course Evaluations — April 26-May 10
General Survey Schedule
- Spring 2020 — Employee Professional Development Needs Assessment — February 21 – March 1
Training for Instructors
Casper College Survey of Student Engagement
Casper College conducts surveys of students to learn more about key areas of student engagement. Data from the surveys are used to highlight areas that educational research has shown to be important to students’ college experiences and educational outcomes.