Students should consult the catalogs of the colleges or universities to which they are transferring for requirements.
Notice of background check: All education students are subject to background checks and fingerprinting for selected educational coursework involving student contact and future employment as professionals in education and related fields.
“I continually go back to the learning concepts from both Renee Griffith’s and Thom DeVoogd’s classes as I teach, and I’m thankful for what I learned from the Casper College Education Department.” — Kaycee Monnens
Why Casper College?
- The early childhood education program is accredited with NAEYC – Casper College is the only community college program in the state and region with this accreditation!
- All secondary education programs and the elementary education program are aligned with national Interstate Teachers and Assessment Consortium (InTASC) standards and International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE) standards for content and pedagogical knowledge expected for educators in the 21st century.
- Extensive and multiple authentic classroom experiences in the public schools for ALL early childhood, elementary and secondary education majors.
- Unique service learning experiences focused on educator preparation through Help Yourself Academy, where 3rd-5th grade students are mentored in math/science activities by education majors on CC campus.
- Unique opportunities for partnerships with local district schools for mentoring, tutoring, and educational experiences abroad.
- Student/instructor ratio is small – making students’ experiences more personable.
- Courses taught by former public school educators and recognized faculty.
- Education majors receive excellent advising from departmental faculty who also promote opportunities for transfer to four-year colleges and universities to complete bachelor’s degrees in preparation for state licensure.
Pictured here: Education and instructional technology instructor Renee Griffith models and facilitates learning activities that effectively integrate 21st century technology in today’s classrooms.