The Tate Geological Museum is offering gift memberships for the holiday season.
Casper College offers two options for students interested in assisting pharmacists in health care agencies and retail settings - the pharmacy technician certificate program and the associate of science in pharmacy technology degree program.
Both of these are limited enrollment programs with admission requirements in addition to those required for all Casper College students.
The pharmacy technician certificate program is an education offering designed to prepare students for entry-level employment as pharmacy technicians. The associate degree program is offered as an option for students who wish to pursue an academic program comprised of general education courses as well as pharmacy technician basics. The associate's degree also offers options to students who plan to use the degree as the foundation for further education. The program strives to balance technical training and class room instruction in order to impart the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the needs and goals established by the pharmacy profession.
- Casper College is large enough to provide high level instruction yet small enough that the student receives individualized attention.
- The Pharmacy Technology classes are offered on-line as well as in the traditional class room setting. On-line students are required to attend the lab portion of Pharmacy Operations on campus.
- Students have the opportunity to select experiential sites in Casper and in several locations around the state.
- We offer diverse experiential rotations with sites in community pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, pharmacy departments within grocery and discount stores, compounding pharmacies and drug stores.
We are currently accepting applications to the Pharmacy Technology program.
Please return your application packet to the Saunders Health Science Building, room 202 or mail to Casper College, Pharmacy Technology Program, 125 College Drive, Casper, WY 82601.
Please contact program director Sheri Roumell, 307-268-3033, email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Pharmacy Technician?
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Packaging and distribution of medications are stressed throughout the program.
Where do Pharmacy Technicians work?
Pharmacy technicians are employed in hospital pharmacies, community pharmacies, drug stores, pharmacy departments within grocery and discount stores, long-term care facilities, home healthcare agencies, and in mail-order prescription pharmacies.
How do I obtain an admission guide?
Call the Program Director at 307-268-3033 and she will send you the admission guide.
What are the prerequisites for the Pharmacy Technician program?
ENGL 1010 English Composition I
CHEM 1005/1006 Basic Chemistry I and Lab
ZOO 2040/2041 Human Anatomy and Lab or
ZOO 2110 Human Physiology or
BIOL 1000 for the certificate program
HLTK 1200 Medical Terminology
MATH 0930 is required for the certificate program and is recommended for entrance into the degree program.
It is a prerequisite for MATH 1400 which is a requirement for the degree program.
What do I need to do to apply?
- Apply to Casper College as a degree seeking student.
- Have taken or be enrolled in the courses listed above.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.3 or better.
- Must have a current CPR card for Healthcare Providers or enroll in a class in the first semester of the program.
- Complete and return the Pharmacy Technology application for admission.
- Contact Sheri Roumell, pharmacy technology program director.