Casper College offers a modern and well-equipped program that provides opportunities for students to explore music technology, music education, music performance, musical theatre, or music in the liberal arts curriculum.
Casper College is a fully accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
There are ten full-time music faculty dedicated to teaching and advising music students to achieve their career goals. Because there are nearly 50 music majors, students at Casper College receive a great deal of individual attention. Perhaps the greatest advantage is the variety of performing ensembles available to all college students, who do not have to compete with upperclassmen to perform in their favorite groups.
This handbook has been prepared to answer many of the questions you may have about your study at Casper College. Read it, and it should serve you well. If you have additional questions, please contact any faculty member or me. We will be glad to help you. —Dr. Eric W. Unruh, Dean, School of Fine Arts and Humanities
- Music activity scholarship (PDF) — Awarded by the Casper College Music Department. Follow instructions detailed on the activity scholarship application.
- Casper College scholarships — Both merit and need based scholarships are available. Scholarship awards are intended to recognize academic and other achievements, to encourage performance, and to assist as many qualified students as possible.
The Music Department shall prepare students with a foundation for a career in music, while providing educational enrichment and cultural opportunities for the college and the greater community.
- Address the needs of the students seeking careers in music.
- Instruct students who wish to pursue music as an avocation
- Serve as a resource for cultural activities and assume musical leadership in the community.
- Maintain excellence in standards, which includes membership in National Association of Schools of Music.
Ronald (Ron) Coulter