What is a Pharmacy Technician?
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Packaging and distribution of medications are stressed throughout the program.
Where do Pharmacy Technicians work?
Pharmacy technicians are employed in hospital pharmacies, community pharmacies, drug stores, pharmacy departments within grocery and discount stores, long-term care facilities, home healthcare agencies, and in mail-order prescription pharmacies.
How do I obtain an admission guide?
Call Teresa at 307-268-2235 and she will send you the admission guide.
What are the prerequisites for the Pharmacy Technician program?
- ENGL 1010 English Composition I
- CHEM 1005/1006 Basic Chemistry I and Lab
- ZOO 2040/2041 Human Anatomy and Lab or
- ZOO 2110 Human Physiology or
BIOL 1000 for the certificate program
- HLTK 1200 Medical Terminology
- MATH 0930 is required for the certificate program and is recommended for entrance into the degree program.
It is a prerequisite for MATH 1400 which is a requirement for the degree program.
What do I need to do to apply?
Contact: Sheri Roumell
- Apply to Casper College as a degree seeking student.
- Have taken or be enrolled in the courses listed above.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.3 or better.
- Must have a current CPR card for Healthcare Providers or enroll in a class in the first semester of the program.
- Complete and return the Pharmacy Technology application for admission.
- Contact Sheri Roumell, Pharmacy Technology Program Director.