About our colleague,
- Vital Stats
Began working at Casper College on August 18, 2003
Mathematics instructor at Casper College
B.S. in mathematics from the University of California, Davis, 2001
M.S. in mathematics from the University of Oregon, 2003
Graduated from Del Campo High School in Fair Oaks, California in May, 1988
Her stated objective in her curriculum vitae: “To have the opportunity to teach mathematics to students of all backgrounds, learning styles, and abilities; to help them to overcome math anxiety; and to help develop the problem-solving skills necessary for their college careers.”
When hired, Arnold was a graduate teaching fellow at the University of Oregon in the mathematics department, a position she had held since the fall of 2001.
Her interests outside the classroom included backpacking, hiking, skiing, bicycling, playing the guitar, and musicals.
Locally, Arnold volunteered for the Boys and Girls Club, Seton House, and Meals on Wheels.
- Faculty/Personal Website with Additional Information
- Favorite Quote
“Those that would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
~ Benjamin Franklin
- Respect from students and co-workers
Her most recent evaluations from her students reveal a dedicated and effective faculty member who made math accessible and understandable. Comments from students during her most recent college-required instructor evaluation process included:
- “This is the most challenging course I have taken, and I enjoyed it!”
- “Math has always been very difficult for me but I am doing pretty well! Thank you Heidi.”
- “She is very student focused.”
- “I’ve never done this well (in math). She is an excellent teacher!”
- “She is always available and very understanding. She is very supportive.”
- Many students talked about her:
According to the Casper College Continuing Contract Committee, which carefully analyzes faculty performance,
“Her students indicate that she is a good instructor, explains concepts clearly, and is well organized and available outside of class to help"